A quick project popped up for me this week! A family member needed a second opinion on a logo design for their upcoming sewing and quilting business.
Their business is called, “Threds”. The owner is a red head which explains the play on words.
- Very hard to read.
- Disconnect from green color and daisy symbol.
- Capital letters and ligatures on the “h and e” make it impossible to distinguish the words.
Goal: Focus on color and connecting the concept of red and sewing.
- Tracked out the letters to allow clean space.
- Made it feel more feminine with rounded typeface and color swatches.
- Utilized the ascender of the “h” to create an abstract needle and thread effect.
- Viewers eyes should follow left to right through the loop of the “h” to the “s”.
- Overall look is clean and communicates the company’s industry in a simple way.